Please click on any link on this page to find out more about the range of expertise offered by the lawyers at Clintons
If you are interested in career opportunities at Clintons please click here
Brands & Marketing Services
Clintons represents a wide range of leading brands, businesses and high profile individuals active in marketing services.
Clintons advises on all aspects of the protection and exploitation of brands – on and off line, contentious and non-contentious - for brands, image rights holders and their marketing and creative agencies and advisers.
This activity is supported by a thriving Trade Mark practice. The firm is a registered representative at both the UK IPO and at the European Trade Mark registry in Alicante.
Clients include brand owners, publishers, creative individuals, digital media specialists, advertising and PR agencies, fashion businesses, sports marketing and sponsorship consultants, direct marketing agencies, individual designers, design companies, production houses, market research companies, merchandising companies and high profile image rights holders (including sportspeople and other celebrated individuals).
The firm advises on:
* Terms of Business: master services agreements between agency and client, other terms of business, contracts with suppliers including freelancers, specialist production houses and event managers.
* Brand Protection and Exploitation: the protection and use of copyright, design rights, trade and service marks, domain names and other intellectual property rights and on sponsorship, merchandising and endorsement agreements.
* Use of Creative Material: buying or licensing creative material – including music and video material - for use in advertising. The firm has particular expertise in advising on the creation and use of music for advertising.
* Data Protection and Privacy: advising on the use of personal data for marketing purposes.
* Regulatory Issues: advice and interpretation of the various laws and voluntary codes governing advertising and marketing.
* Corporate Work: starting, buying and selling marketing services businesses, whether public or private, including management buy outs, joint ventures, listings and complex earn out arrangements.
* Employment: dealing with all issues surrounding the employment of individuals in marketing services, including incentives, complex earn outs and hire and fire.
The Clintons' team consists of consultant Andrew Gilfillan and assistant solicitors Josh Myers and Stuart Souter and Partners Philip Stinson, Tom Frederikse, James Jones and Kami Naghdi.
Contact Philip Stinson
Clintons is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority whose regulations can be found at www.rules.sra.org.uk. Solicitors Regulation Authority number 00045165 Compliance Information