Wills and lifetime succession planning. We have particular expertise in acting for musicians and other creative individuals.
The creation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney and advice to attorneys in discharging their duties.
Administration of Estates including those of non-UK domiciliaries and those with multi-jurisdictional issues. Recent jurisdictions outside of the UK where we have had dealings include France, Monaco and the Bahamas.
Trust Administration including day to day dealings with trustees, beneficiaries and investment managers.
Litigation Support is provided by very highly regarded and experienced dispute resolution lawyers offering expertise in:
* Probate litigation, including challenges to the validity of wills, removal of executors and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975; and
* Trust litigation including breach of trust claims, constructive trust claims, variation of trusts and removal of trustees.
We have longstanding relationships with the Chancery bar, both junior and leading counsel, which is on hand to offer very specialist advice, or indeed advocacy, where required.
Some recent matters:
* Administering a cross-border estate worth £30m, with assets in England & Wales and the Bahamas, involving trusts, an overriding power of appointment and a charitable foundation.
* Setting up an offshore structure to hold £60m of artwork as part of estate planning for a non-English domiciliary.
* Settling (through mediation) a constructive trust/unjust enrichment dispute over client’s £5m Belgravia home and compromising an Inheritance Act 1975 claim.
* Cross-border estate planning for an English domiciliary with real estate in Knightsbridge, London and Switzerland, involving a life interest trust and a Swiss usufruct.
The team consists of Partner Andrew Kidd, Associate Rourke Bulbring and Consultants Tim Bienias and Jeremy Crouch.